Haga clic aquí para la aplicación en Español >
Southern Smoke is a nonprofit 501c3 charitable foundation. Our Emergency Relief Program provides emergency funding to those employed by or own restaurants or bars or are employed by a restaurant or bar supplier that are faced unforeseen expenses that cannot or will not be covered by insurance. We stand with those in our community and are committed to “taking care of our own”.
Application Verification and Award process: Each application will be verified by the Executive Director or a committee of volunteers. Once applications are verified, the application will be distributed to a separate Awards Committee. The Awards Committee will be made up of trusted community members. The Awards Committee will select awardees by vote and will determine the awarded amount to be distributed. All funds granted are subject to taxation to the greatest extent of the law.
Please fill out the following application if you believe you meet the necessary criteria for Southern Smoke’s Emergency Relief Fund. Please only apply if insurance is not providing you with compensation for your emergency and you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are employed by a Houston area restaurant
- You are employed by a Houston area bar
- You are an owner/ operator of a Houston area restaurant and/ or bar
- You are employed by a Houston area restaurant or bar supplier
- Completed Statement of Need
- Completed Personal info worksheet
- Completed Employment History
- Completed Worker Stability Survey
- Submitted copies of current and *previous paychecks or paystubs, lease or mortgage statement, utility bills (*before the incident that lead to the need for emergency funding)
- Photos of any damage(s) if applicable
- Other materials you think we should know about your experience of loss (i.e. doctors bills, HOA notices, FEMA letters, repair estimates, etc.)