Haga clic aquí para la aplicación en Español >
Southern Smoke is a nonprofit 501c3 charitable foundation. In 2017, we partnered with Legacy Community Health to address what we knew would be an urgent need for so many. Southern Smoke is dedicated to raising money and, with the help of Legacy Community Health, to distributing those funds raised to individuals that are employed or operate a business in the culinary and/ or beverage industry, including restaurant and bar suppliers (i.e. ranchers, farmers, drivers for food supply, breweries, etc.). We stand with those in our community and are committed to giving to those affected by the nation’s largest natural disaster to date.
Application Verification and Award Process: Each application will be verified by a committee of volunteers. Once verified all personal information will be removed and the application will be forwarded to a separate Awards Committee. The Awards Committee will be made up of community members from various and diverse backgrounds and professions. The Awards Committee will select awardees by vote. Awards will be designated in $1,000.00 increments. No awardee will be granted more than 10,000.00 and all funds granted will be taxed accordingly.
Please fill out the following application if you believe you meet the necessary criteria for Southern Smoke’s Hurricane Harvey relief grant. Please only apply if you did not have flood insurance between August 25 and 29, 2017, meet one of the following criteria and have been negatively affected by Hurricane Harvey:
- You are employed by a Houston area restaurant
- You are employed by a Houston area bar
- You are an owner/ operator of a Houston area restaurant and/ or bar
- You are employed by a Houston area restaurant or bar supplier
Completed applications must be submitted by October 23, 2017 to be considered.
All applications require:
- Completed Statement of Need
- Completed Personal info worksheet
- Completed Employment History
- Submitted copies of both recent and pre-Hurricane paycheck or paystub, lease or mortgage statement, utility bills
- Photos of damage(s)
Applications should also include:
- Completed Worker Stability Survey
- Other materials you think we should know about your experience of loss from Hurricane Harvey (i.e. doctor's notes, HOA notices, FEMA letters, etc.)